WHAT IS IT
Hypnobirthing is a practice of pain management that can be used during labour and birth through relaxation and breathing techniques. Hypnobirthing helps women deal with any anxiety or concerns around labour and birth.
Hypnobirthing uses relaxation, guided visualisation, positive affirmations and controlled breathing techniques to help you concentrate on your body and the birth of the baby.
HOW DOES IT HELP
The anticipation of the childbirth procedure can be very frightening for some people. Hypnobirthing demonstrates relaxation techniques that allow you to take more control of your mind and ease your fears during labour and birth
WHY CHOOSE IT?
The pregnant body is dealing with anxiety and intense hormones and hypnobirthing helps take control of these issues.
- Help feel physically, mentally and spiritually prepared for childbirth.
- Reduce fear, anxiety and pain during childbirth
- More in control during labour.
- Understand what happens to the body during childbirth.
- Can reduce the need for drugs. You can still have additional medical pain relief if preferred/needed.
- Address previous traumatic birth experience and ways to move forward.
- Enable your birth partner to play a more active role during labour.
Some people may need specialist support and if this is the case resources will be made available with the person’s full consent.
Hypnobirthing is a birthing method creating relaxation and breathing techniques to help you physically and mentally prepare for labour.
- Hypnobirthing is a birthing method creating relaxation and breathing techniques to help you physically and mentally prepare for labour.
- Feel physically, mentally and spiritually prepared for childbirth.
- Manage stress to help reduce fear and pain experienced during labour.
- Able to manage pain and stress hormones by the release of endorphins
- Manage stress hormones e.g., adrenalin, leading to a calmer birth.
- It can provide comfort, relaxation, and relief during labour.
- Can be added to any birth plan such as home, birthing pool/centre or hospital
Living outside of Birmingham and either unemployed, receiving benefits, low income or students under 25
Living outside of Birmingham
4 Sessions £48
4 Sessions £100
6 Sessions £66
6 Sessions £150
8 Sessions £80
8 Sessions £200
10 Sessions £99
10 Sessions £250
12 Sessions £118
12 Sessions £300
Single session £15
Single session £15